Friday, December 28, 2007

epilogue

Dear students
5 days after prom now. I hope all of you enjoyed yourselves immensely and none of you are having withdrawal symptoms (like I am).

I believe I speak for all my committee members when I say that organising this event is all because of you. On top of having the time of your life, we hope that the night provided you with many significant and unforgettable moments. During the process of organising this, I find myself questioning my goals and intentions, constantly asking myself "why am I doing this?" questions. I then realise that one of my newly added objectives then was to create a night that hopefully, when you move on to JC prom nights or Poly DnD, you will look back on and remember how special Reposicion 2007 was in comparison. And if we do change your lives in any way, all the better.

I hope that no other prom will demonstrate a stronger sense of school spirit than ours when Mdm Asnida took the stage and did an acoustic but rousing rendition of our school song. Up on our feets and arms over shoulders, singing out loud, that was one of the best bits of programme for me. (And that segment was totally impromptu. No one knew that Mdm Asnida was going to sing that.)

I hope that the pageant contestants had a confidence boost and was exposed to things they never had an understanding before. I hope you all bonded through the dance and workshops and hope you guys remain friends for a long time.

I hope that whomever won the lucky draw first prize (A PSP! gosh!) will smile even in his sleep. You are one darn lucky fella.

I hope you love the ballon arc because it took a hell lot of manpower and time (not to mention, energy and breath). Tell me if your prom even has a balloon arc at all next time. =) I bet ours rocked more.

I hope that the councillors who have kindly volunteered their services have a bigger understanding of how events are run, and that hopefully some school spirit and passion will rub off on you to bring back to your own council. (join the Alumni!)

Doing this was alot harder than it seems. I hope the alumni and PTN will have many more wonderful years of working together, and the support on both sides only increase throughout the years. I hope the school will only show increasing support so that we can improve each year. Most importantly, I hope you love CSS as much as most of us. Do come back to offer your help in ways you can. Hopefully you'll realise that though you don't get paid (or even recognised sometimes) for coming back to help, you'll find joy in working with the same people you went to school with before, and take pride in making a difference to the lives of your juniors. As the number of years we've left CSS increase, our sense of familarity with the school can only decrease. Therefore I am really proud of the committee members that have stood by me. This is a group effort and no one person can pull it all off. So do come back and continue the tradition of fine leaders.

P.S: this is not an alumni recruitment entry. SERIOUSLY! so don't feel obliged to join it at all. seriously. You can make a difference even without being officially in it.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the students whom I've worked with. The class chairman and vice chairman for helping me make the phone calls and stuff, the "good friends" who helped me with the photo shoot, etc etc. And to everybody, thank you for making the Prom a success by turning up. Kudos to those who took the effort to dress to the theme. =)

pls continue to visit this site as we'll put up some pre-prom production photos and, alas, pics of the actual night. Spread the word, spread the love.

Hope to see you all again real soon. Good luck to your future endeavours.

YiHuA ;-)
Prom Committee Chairperson
Batch of 2001

No comments: